Tabex Dosage – How to take Tabex
How to take Tabex
Research shows that patients have more chance of giving up after 8 weeks. In this case a two box cycle of Tabex is recommended.
Tabex dosage is administered according to the following schedule below:
If the result is unsatisfactory, the treatment is discontinued and a new therapy can be resumed after 2-3 months starting the cycle as you would on the first cycle.
Treatment should continue according to the following schedule:
- First 3 days: 1 tablet 6 times daily (every 2 hours) whilst reducing cigarettes
- If the result is unsatisfactory, the treatment is discontinued and a new therapy can be resumed after 2-3 months. In case of good effect, the treatment should continue according to the following schedule:
- 4th to 12th day: 1 tablet every 2 1/2 hours (5 tablets daily)
- 13th to 16th day: 1 tablet every 3 hours (4 tablets daily)
- 17th to 20th day: 1 tablet every 5 hours (3 tablets daily)
- 21st to 25th day: 1 to 2 tablets daily
The course of treatment usually lasts 25-30 days. This course can be cycled twice and has shown to be more effective.
Smoking cessation should occur by the 5th to 7th day after the initiation of the treatment. After the end of the therapeutic course, in order to have good results, the patient should give evidence of strong will, not allowing the lighting of a cigarette and continuing to smoke.
Precautions: Smoking cigarettes can cause an unpleasant feeling during Tabex® cycling. The quantity of cigarettes smoked during the first three days should be decreased.